Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday, Monday

Episodes of Dora consumed by Joey: 3 (hangs head in shame)

Minutes of prayer/desperate supplications thrown skyward: ongoing...just hanging on here.

What's spinning on Youtube this morning: This power ballad by Casting Crowns. ( Please ignore the creepy final verse crooned by somebody's 11-year old. It's a strange and apparently Protestant phenom to insert high-pitched children's voices into the end of worship songs. Weird.) I honestly love this song so much that it makes me cry. And I'm fairly confident that it is the sole reason I dated the guy who introduced me to it. Hindsight is truly 20/20.

Number of times JP has feigned sleep, tricking me into laying him down in hopes of a longer-than-18-minute nap: 3.

No comment.

Percentage points of increased self-esteem earned by doing housework while clad in work-out gear: 200

I'm sure you're all enthralled.


2 comments:

  1. If you do housework in workout gear, it ups the caloric burn of chores by 4000%. Fact.

    Ditto on the creepy trend of having kids sing the final verses of worship songs. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you eat while wearing workout gear, the calories become negative. Fact.

    Well, I have to go and unblind my eye to Ellen taking sips of my caffeinated beverage that is keeping her quiet while I scan the interwebs.

    Jenna
    callherhappy.com

    ReplyDelete

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!